Wednesday, July 8, 2009
The great Sacrament of the Eucharist was:
- foretold in the past
- promised by Christ
- fulfilled in our parishes.
Sacrifice requires 3 elements:
1. Priest = Jesus (ordained Priests)
2. Altar = Calvary (my Lavington parish)
3. Victim = Christ (host)
In the Mass the Liturgy of the Eucharist consists of Three distinct phases:
1) Offertory: we offer ourselves with Christ to God the Father.
2) Consecration: we relive the death of Christ on Calvary now sacramentally re-presented on the altar
3) Communion: we draw spiritual life for the soul from the glorious Body of Christ - a foretaste of and preparation for our own resurrection.